Indie Week UK
Manchester OCT 10 - 14
80+ Acts, 5 Nights, 8 Venues
2018 APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN!
EARLY BIRD DEADLINE: THURS MAR 1
Super Earlybird Pricing: JAN 25, 2018 – MAR 1, 2018: $10
Earlybird Pricing: MAR 2 – MAY 24, 2018: $30
Regular Pricing: MAY 25 – JULY 03, 2018: $35
Indie Week features:
- 80+ bands
- 8+ venues across downtown Toronto
- VIP industry launch and Closing parties and awards show
- Demo Listening sessions
- Industry panels, workshops, mixers and events
Who Should Apply?
- Artists must be from the UK or Europe to apply/perform at Indie Week UK (Acts from other territories will not be considered)
- Indie Week UK is open to all genres except comedy and cover acts
- Bands/artists must not be signed directly to a major label.
(Bands signed to an indie label with major distribution are still allowed to apply)
The Gig Details:
- Set lengths are 30 minutes on average (travelling International acts get multiple showcases)
- Sound equipment (mics, PA’s, monitors) will be supplied
- Basic backline (drumset, amps) will be provided except for breakables
Indie Week UK has reserved 10 slots for all UK acts applying though online submissions. All selected artists will receive festival wristbands and passes, allowing artists access to all Indie Week UK showcases, VIP events, and Indie101 conferences covering topics in music, film, tech and social media.
Indie Week UK is an annual music festival that takes place in Manchester, England and showcases emerging artists in front of the music industry elite. The event is expected to draw at least 1,000 guests. Industry professionals from fields ranging from A&R, booking, labels, legal, management, press, and production are on board to determine which band is the “best of the fest”.
Listen to feedback from bands that performed at Indie Week Canada on Indie Can Radio by clicking here
ABOUT INDIE WEEK UK
Now in its 4th year, Indie Week UK (IWUK) is one of the top emerging artist festivals. Indie Week puts industry and artists together, acts have made connections and have built new business furthering their career. Along with artist showcases, Indie Week hosts the Indie101 Music + Tech Conference with industry leaders and over 80 speakers – artists have the opportunity to participate in mentorship, classroom and 1-on-1 sessions along with the regular industry panels that can help take your band to the next level.
Past Performers Include:
Finger Eleven, Philip Sayce, Mike Joyce (The Smiths), Glen Matlock (Sex Pistols), Parallels, The OBGM’s, Walk Off The Earth, Dearly Beloved, Single by Sunday, #FamilyGrind, Tokyo Taboo, Partner, LYON, Blaze Bayley (Iron Maiden), Sumo Cyco, Ill Scarlett, Trampa, Dani Strong, Danielle Bourjeaurd
Past Industry Delegates Include:
Eddie Kramer (Producer – Jimi Hendrix/Led Zeppelin), Phil X (Bon Jovi), Michael Wekerle (Dragon’s Den/El Mocambo), Martin Atkins (PIL/Nine Inch Nails), John Densmore (The Doors), Garth Richardson (Producer – Rage Against the Machine/Biffy Clyro), Mike Clink (Producer – Guns’n’Roses/Metallica), Nigel Grainge (Ensign Records), Chuck Randall (Tour Manager – The Cult/Alice In Chains), Chris Birkett (Sinead O’Connor/Buffy St. Marie), Ralph James (Agent), Tom Wilson (Juno Award Winner), David Marsden (CFNY Founder)
Past sponsored stages have included:
• Jack Daniels Music House
• Pop Montreal
• Wacken Metal Battle Canada
• The ATX6 Project
• Exclaim! Magazine Showcase
• 94.9 The Rock Next Gen Showcase
• KX96 Country Music Showcase
• Focus UK presented by Focus Wales
• Music Ontario Showcase
• And Many More!
Partners / Sponsors often host select nights. If your company is interested in hosting a night please email email@example.com